Adult Children of Emotionally Immature Parents: How to Heal from Distant, Rejecting, or Self-Involved, Parents Paperback – June 1, 2015, by Lindsay C. Gibson
Dangerous Personalities: An FBI Profiler Shows You How to Identify and Protect Yourself from Harmful People, by Joe Navarro, Toni Sciarra Poynter, et al.
The Narcissist in Your Life: Recognizing the Patterns and Learning to Break Free, by Julie L. Hall, Rosanne Rubino, et al.
Toxic Parents: Overcoming Their Hurtful Legacy and Reclaiming Your Life, by Craig Buck, Jo Anna Perrin, et al.
Healing Your Lost Inner Child: How to Stop Impulsive Reactions, Set Healthy Boundaries and Embrace an Authentic Life, by Robert Jackman, Randy Scott, et al.
Narcissist: A 21 Step-by-Step Guide to Understanding and Dealing with a Range of Narcissistic Personalities, by Alex C. Wolf and Scott Frick
by Judith Lewis Herman, Alison Mathews, et al.
by Judith Herman | May 30, 1997
by Julian D. Ford , Christine A. Courtois, et al. | Feb 26, 2020
by Dr. Annely Alexander | Dec 19, 2020
by Janina Fisher, Emily Durante, et al.
by Mark Wolynn
by Dr. Nadine Burke Harris
by Dr. Gerhard Christianson | Nov 10, 2018
by Michael Dubi, Patrick Powell, et al. | Feb 1, 2017
by Gretchen L. Schmelzer, Adenrele Ojo, et al.
The Diagnostic and Statistic Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) lists specific traits of NPD.https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1519417-overview#a1
From Charm to Harm: And Everything Else in Between With a Narcissist (Narcissistic Abuse and Recovery) (Volume 1), by Gregory Zaffuto, March 9, 2016, Amazon Digital Services LLC
Will I Ever Be Good Enough?: Healing the Daughters of Narcissistic Mothers, by Karyl McBride
When Shame Begets Shame, Christine Louis de Canonville, “The Groundbreaking New Book That Reveals, How The Narcissist Hurts & Shames Their Victims,”
The Three Faces of Evil: Unmasking the Full Spectrum of Narcissistic Abuse, Christine Louis de Canonville, https://narcissisticbehavior.net/when-shame-begets-shame/
If You Feel Too Much: Thoughts on Things Found and Lost and Hoped For, by Jamie Tworkowski (Author), Donald Miller (Foreword), 2015, 2016, Penguin Group USA, A Penguin Random House Company, 375 Hudson Street, NY, NY 10014,
Freeing Yourself from the Narcissist in Your Life: At Home. At Work. With Friends, by Linda Martinez-Lewi, August 15, 2013, Penguin Group (USA) Inc., 375 Hudson Street, New York, New York 10014
Mother, It’s Hard to Forgive You: Ridding Myself of the Family Scapegoat Mantle (Mother, I Don’t Forgive You Book 2), by Nancy Richards, February 19, 2018, Amazon Digital Services LLC
Let There Be Light! Scapegoat of a Narcissistic Mother, by Lisa Duvall, May 3, 2013, Amazon Digital Services LLC
The Intelligent Divorce, The Narcissistic Father; How a Narcissistic Dad can Affect Your Life, Mark Banschick M.D., http://www.whatiscodependency.com/books-on-codependency/
Websites: Narcissistic Trauma
Informative Resource on Trauma: Addiction Rehab Treatment
“Untreated trauma can progress to anxiety and later depression, leading the sufferer to struggle for the rest of their lives.
Sufferers who are unwell because of traumatic events often resort to self-destruction, leading to dependency issues, long-term problems, and even abusive usage disorders. Overuse and abuse of trauma-related medications or alcohol and illicit drugs can lead to physical dependence, with the individual unable to cope without them. Tolerance means that the user must increase the dose over time to maintain the same initial effects. Addiction Rehab Treatment, is working hard to increase awareness of trauma and the dangers of drug and alcohol abuse.
To help educate folks who may be struggling, we’ve built a resource page on the subject, which you can see here:
https://www.psychiatry.org/psychiatrists/practice/dsm/educational-resources/dsm-5-fact-sheets, American Psychiatric Association, Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders
Surviving the Narcissistic Parent: ACoNs (Adult Children of Narcissists) April 14, 2013 Veronica Jarski, https://anupturnedsoul.wordpress.com/2014/06/06/surviving-the-narcissistic-parent-acons-adult-children-of-narcissists/
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/insight-is-2020/201807/why-narcissists-can-be-so-mean-competitive-and-jealous, Seth Meyers Psy.D. Insight Is 20/20, Why Narcissists Can Be So Mean, Competitive, and Jealous, Understanding the cause of competition and meanness makes coping easier.
Narcissistic Victim Syndrome: What the heck is that?, Christine Louis de Canonville, is a Psychotherapist, Trauma Unit of St. Brendan’s Psychiatric Hospital, Dublin, https://narcissisticbehavior.net/narcissistic-victim-syndrome-what-the-heck-is-that/
The Effects of Gaslighting in Narcissistic Victim Syndrome, What is “Gaslighting”?, Christine Louis de Canonville, https://narcissisticbehavior.net/the-effects-of-gaslighting-in-narcissistic-victim-syndrome/
ANA – After Narcissistic Abuse by Gregory Zaffuto Articles:
- EVERYONE has an expiration date with a Narcissist
- Corrupt internal messages
- 5 Ways a Narcissist’s Boundary Busting Overrides and Hooks You
- A spin on what ‘gaslighting’ really is
- You are always EXPLAINING yourself
- Let’s call this EXACTLY what it is – emotional and psychological abuse
- Let’s really understand this abuse
- The Narcissist is a master at putting a spin on everything
- Narcissists blame and project
- This was not a normal relationship
- Searching for the truth and reality as to WHAT is going on in your relationship and WHY you are feeling so out of sorts or basically like life is just too overwhelming
- The truth is a lie and the lie is the truth.
- The vicious cycle of this abuse is really a manipulative trap that keeps you running in circles
- There is no reality with any relationship with a Narcissist
- What does any connection with a Narcissist yield
- You are CRAZY
Karyl McBride articles, http://www.willieverbegoodenough.com
- Grief Is Not a Mental Illness, How to Deal with Loss in the Narcissistic Family
- Shaming Children Is Emotionally Abusive
- The Legacy of Distorted Love, https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-legacy-distorted-love/201010/the-haunted-house-narcissism
Mother’s Day (Father’s Day) articles, by Karyl McBride Ph.D.:
- Mother’s Day for Those Raised by Narcissistic Parents, https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-legacy-distorted-love/201505/mothers-day-those-raised-narcissistic-parents
- Mother’s Day and Daughters on Trial, https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-legacy-distorted-love/201005/mothers-day-and-daughters-trial
- When Mother’s Day Hurts, https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-legacy-distorted-love/201204/when-mother-s-day-hurts
- Embrace Recovery on Mother’s Day, https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-legacy-distorted-love/201604/embrace-recovery-mother-s-day
- Adult Children of Narcissistic Parents and Mother’s Day, https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-legacy-distorted-love/201705/adult-children-narcissistic-parents-and-mother-s-day
- Mother’s Day Dread, https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/resolution-not-conflict/201305/mothers-day-dread
- Narcissistic Personality Disorder, 
“Practice Essentials, Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) is a cluster B personality disorder defined as comprising a pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), a constant need for admiration, and a lack of empathy.” 
 Narcissistic Personality Disorder, Updated: May 16, 2018, Author: Sheenie Ambardar, MD Adult Psychiatrist, Chief Editor: David Bienenfeld, MD Professor, Departments of Psychiatry and Geriatric Medicine, Wright State University, Boonshoft School of Medicine, https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1519417-overview#a1
 Signs and symptoms, DSM-5, American Psychiatric Association, Personality Disorders, Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition, Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Publishing, Inc.; 2013.