Margaret Thaler Singer, Ph.D.
Margaret Thaler Singer, Ph.D., developed a list of the 6 Conditions for Thought Reform which produce optimal circumstances for creating a system of Coercive Persuasion (mind control/brainwashing).
“1. Keep the person unaware of …being changed…
2. Control the person’s…environment; especially…time. (Cause them to) think about the group…as much of their waking time as possible.
3. Systematically create a sense of powerlessness…and speak an in-group language.
4. Manipulate… long prayer sessions or lectures, and lengthy meditation sessions.
5. Manipulate … to feel that there is something inherently wrong with them to be questioning.
6. Put forth a closed system of logic and an authoritarian structure… The leaders must have verbal ways of never losing.” (Singer, 1995) Margaret Thaler Singer, Ph.D., 1995
References [ + ]
|1.||↑||Margaret Thaler Singer, Ph.D., 1995|